Pages

Friday 17 June 2011

Leonard Nimoy Appreciation - Pics and Quotes (1)

I absolutely adore Leonard Nimoy. He is constantly amazing me with his acting, music, directing, and photography. He even has some books of poetry out there.

He is a very talented, very handsome man. He deserves everything he has obtained. Right now I am going to focus on Leonard and his work (sans Spock) and his words of nostalgia and wisdom. (Click images to enlarge - some of them look very strange compacted.)

Leonard with his first wife, Sandi.
Leonard got into photography when he was thirteen.

"A neighborhood friend showed me how it was possible to go to a camera shop and pick up chemicals for pennies... literally... and develop your own film and make prints."

From Mission: Impossible. Obviously.

"If you're talking about fine art work, then I think you have to ask yourself some pretty deep questions about why it is you want to take pictures and what it is you want to say."

"I became hooked on the idea of being able to shoot an image and process it myself, and end up with a product."

I just love it when he smiles.

"I'm attracted to images that come from a personal exploration of a subject matter. When they have a personal stamp to them, then I think it becomes identifiable."

"What I'm exploring right now is the subject of my own mortality. It's an area that I'm curious about, and I'm researching it to see if there's a photographic essay in it for me. If images don't start to come, I'll go to something else."

That look says everything.
Intellectual and sensitive - Believing in love and art and spirituality.


"Some words having to do with the death of the people in the World Trade Center attack had been added, and when I got to it, I had this overwhelmingly emotional experience. I struggled to get through the words; tears were streaming down my cheeks."

 
"The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have."

"I deal with this spiritual issue every day - either shooting or processing or sorting or discussing or having conversations - I'm in constant contact with it."

From The Sun Also Rises
"I'm touched by the idea that when we do things that are useful and helpful - collecting these shards of spirituality - that we may be helping to bring about a healing." 

"It's a photographic essay on the subject of the Shekhina, which is the feminine presence of God, the feminine aspect of divinity. This is not some figure that is a foggy mist in a cloud somewhere. I have depicted her as being a flesh-and-blood woman."

So epic.
 "My wife and I are affiliated with a temple here in Los Angeles. We feel very close to the congregation and to the rabbi, who happens to be my wife's cousin and who I admire greatly. I talk to him regularly but I consider myself more spiritual than religious."

The quality here looks really bad when it is small... click to see high res.
Science and the universe will always have a special place in his heart...


"Other times, you're doing some piece of work and suddenly you get feedback that tells you that you have touched something that is very alive in the cosmos."

"That is the exploration that awaits you! Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence."

The master director. He directed the two best ST movies, in my opinion.
This is merely part one, as I have many other scanned pictures and quotes to share. I will leave you now with my favorite Simpsons quote:

"Hello, I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're entertaining lies, and in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer... is no."

2 comments:

  1. I truly love your blog.. Pleasant colors & theme. Did you create this site
    yourself? Please reply back as I’m attempting to create my own blog and want to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is
    named. Cheers!

    Also visit my web site; textured soy protein

    ReplyDelete