Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Nichelle Nichols at Central Canada Comic Con (C4) 2012

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending Nichelle Nichols' Q&A at Comic Con. I must say, she is one of the most adorable ladies I have met. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it up to the second floor in time for her photo-op (it was filled to capacity), but she returned the next day and I was lucky enough to get a photo taken of the two of us professionally (I love her smile so much):


Being older, she tended to repeat a lot of the same story and forget what the original question was. I don't think any of us minded, however - she was still simply her adorable and charismatic self. 


Video was actually allowed during her Q&A, and I got quite a bit of it. Here is a video I put together of her speaking about how she got the role of Uhura, how Uhura got her name, about the short skirt she wore on Stat Trek TOS, and about the first interracial kiss on television (Plato's Stepchildren) and how it was received by the public:


The best part of all was when a member of the audience asked her if she would sing a song for us. She sang one of her favorite songs, "Summertime", and it was absolutely beautiful:


I am so glad that she was asked to sing, because it truly was a remarkable experience and she seemed so happy to be singing for an audience. She is just as beautiful and sweet as she always seemed on screen. I am really glad I was able to see her in person, because I never used to be very find of her (and I still stand by most of the opinions in this post). I am so glad she came to our city.

2 comments: