Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Contest Winner - SherlockGnomes' "Khaaaan's Kitchen"

September is here, and that means that a winner will be chosen. I had announced the contest in late July (here). The assignment: find an image that has nothing whatsoever to do with Star Trek or Doctor Who, and draw over top of the image to incorporate it and make it ten times more awesome.

The Epic Contest's winner: SherlockGnomes and her piece, entitled "Khaaaan's Kitchen".


She has this to say about her winning submission:
When I read the contest details, strangely enough this was my first thought. Something about blonds yelling....I had no idea what I was doing, but it's okay because it's this kind of fanart, which makes it so much fun.

I really liked doing this and it got me back into my Star Trek kick, along with my current Doctor Who kick so I will be posting a lot of Star Trek and Doctor Who fanart on my blog: http://thebeachblog.blog.fc2.com/
I fell in love with her submission as soon as I laid my eyes upon it. It is clever, amusing, and beautifully done. SherlockGnomes has won a copy of The Wrath of Khan Photostory (how coincidental!) and Vulcan's Forge, one of my favorite books of all time. I would also suggest that you check out her blog, it is very quirky and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment