Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

Full-blooded Romulans in Starfleet? Only in Ink.

Even in an exciting place, I tend to get very bored. I will be doodling in between sentences, in between transactions at work, and on my breaks. Sometimes they are scribbles, and sometimes they come out like this:


Using a Flowrite 5mm black gel pen, I ended up drawing a Starfleet Romulan. Aside from Simon Tarses in TNG's "The Drumhead" (and even he was only one quarter Romulan) and Saavik (one half)  there have been no Romulans in Starfleet.

When I got home, I colored it with water color pencils, scanned it, and then ran it through a filter using Photoscape.


What you see here is my usual style of drawing. There is not a lot in this style online, because I keep my non-related and original work private for now. Eventually I am going to be publishing a book with my original - non fan art - work.

You never know what you are going to end up with when you start doodling, which is why I always have a pen in hand.

3 comments:

  1. So...how DO you tell the difference between a Vulcan and a Romulan? In TNG their costuming was different to Vulcan's...but otherwize??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sketch - but isn't Saavik supposed to be half-Romulan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @miwahni

    *facepalm* I can't believe I forgot to put that in there XD Thanks

    ReplyDelete