Pages

Friday 19 August 2011

William Shatner, you make me rabid - How Time Flies


I was checking facebook last week, and my gaze was drawn to a tiny post in the corner of the screen - I couldn't believe my eyes.

William Shatner. 
Coming to my city. 
In October.

Immediately, I went on google to verify. Surely enough, there is was - How Time Flies: An Evening with William Shatner. Vancouver, Regina, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, and Montreal. Tickets went on sale that Friday. Luckily, I was getting paid that Friday - and I was committed to getting those 400 dollar VIP tickets.

But I didn't. Basically, the VIP package included front row seats, a private meet and greet, souvenirs, photo opportunities, and an after party. I ended up getting regular tickets - I don't like parties, and I wasn't about to spend three hundred dollars for a picture (but now that I think about it, I totally would and should have!).


So later in October, I will be sitting in the ninth row - swooning and listening to his anecdotes. Not only that, but he is going to sing. And by sing I mean talk in an extremely sexy way, to music. I will be taking pictures from the crowd, and maybe there will be some souvenirs available to buy.

Me and my thrifty decisions! Why didn't I get the VIP? It is illogical, however, to dwell on such things as it creates unnecessary distress about something that cannot be changed. Acceptance leads to peace and contentment. The important thing is, I am going to see William Shatner!

I am so excited. The day I found out he was coming, I jumped dramatically to the floor and rolled around flailing. The day I actually picked up my tickets, I did the same thing but with added sound effects - and possible some frothing at the mouth.

You make me rabid, William Shatner. I will see you, and assault you with my eyes. And my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment